Label Indie Pop americain avec The Lucksmiths, Would Be Goods, Harper Lee, Sportique...
Label Indie Pop americain avec The Lucksmiths, Would Be Goods, Harper Lee, Sportique, Lovejoy, Cats On Fire, The Happy Couple, Tender Trap, Razorcuts...
1. Just Friends 2. Anatomy Of A Fool 3. P58 4. It Couldn't Last Forever 5. The Impersonator 6. If You Ever Change Your Mind 7. Tiny Clues 8. The Cover 9. Northern Sky 10. A World Without Pity Album sorti aussi sous la reference WIACD001.
1. Don't Believe A Word I Say 2. A Nation Of Soul Exclusive new single from Oxford, England four-piece featuring legendary pop stars Gregory Webster (Razorcuts, the Carousel, Saturn V), Rob Pursey (Marine Research, Heavenly), Mark Flunder (TV Personalities, McTells), and Amelia Fletcher (Marine Research, Heavenly, Talulah Gosh).
1. Love & Remains 2. Obsessive Superb fourth single from the popular English trio including former members of legendary UK pop groups Razorcuts, Heavenly, the Carousel, Television Personalities, Talulah Gosh, the Forever People, and the McTells.
1. Mad World 2. Don't Buy Anything Debut single from a new band featuring the infinite enthusiasm of Keith Girdler (Blueboy, Beaumont, Lovejoy), the lovely voice of Pam Berry (The Pines, Castaway Stones, Glo Worm, Shapiros, Black Tambourine, etc.) and the orchestral beauty of Dick Preece (Lovejoy, Spinning Wheels).
Three-song debut from a New York City band featuring former members of the Autocollants and Coloring Book. Bright, orchestrated pop with girl/boy vocal interplay, intertwined guitars, and bass, plus touches of cello, melodica, and vibes. Perfect for fans of Club 8, La Buena Vida, and Blueboy.
1. A Weekend With Jane 2. Go Ahead 3. Today 4. The Girl With Sunny Smile
1. Shooting Star 2. Are You Scared To Get Happy? 3. Before I Found You 4. Unknown Half
1. The White Tambourine 2. Mary 3. Sunday Morning 4. Twiggy Superstar 5. My Punk Girl 6. Never Fall Apart 7. She'll Never Be Mine 8. 1978 9. A Safe Place 10. Strangeways
1. Talking Backwards 2. Unputdownable 3. Friendster 4. Cómo Te Llamas?
1. 6 Billion People 2. Talking Backwards 3. Inuit Beauty Queen 4. I Would Die For You 5. Applecore 6. Fahrenheit 451 7. Ampersand 8. (I Always Love You When I’m) Leaving You 9. Dreaming of Dreaming 10. Dead and Gone Avec Amelia Fletcher. Icône.
Full length debut album from a legendary English band featuring ace male vocals, catchy melodies, and jangling guitars. Twelve brilliant songs recorded this year to follow-up the superb Three Sixty Degrees 7" (matinée 011) and the band's unforgettable 1988 debut 7" The Day Dawned on Me prove that the band's return is no happy accident.
1. Picture Perfect 2. Hay In A Needlestack 3. Celestial 4. Falling Through
1. Who's In Your Dreams 2. It Rains On Other Planets 3. My Day Today 4. Factory Girl
1. The Münchhausen In Me 2. When Goodness Falls 3. Crazy 4. The Operation Worked But The Patient Died 5. Criminal Art Lovers 6. Life Returns To Normal 7. Murder Weapon 8. What Happens Next? 9. That's When My Headaches Begin 10. New Favourite Moment
The Happy Couple are Janehoney and Tom Hilverkus. Jane sings and Tom plays the guitar. They have released one single, 'The Four Seasons EP', on their own small label Félicité. Occasionally they play live and do some dj-spots, preferably abroad... Apart from that, they lead quiet lives in Hamburg, Germany. Their favourite pastimes are hanging around and...
Sensational sophomore album from Swedish pop heroes The Electric Pop Group! Following the success of the band’s self-released debut in 2006 & ‘Sunrise’ EP for Matinée in 2008, the band is back with 10 new songs that solidify their status as heir apparent to the pop throne once held by Matinée favorites Harper Lee & Sarah Rcds legends Brighter.
1. A Is For Alphabet 2. First Day 3. Snowbound 4. Sometimes I Worry About You 5. For Always
Long-awaited third album from Australian pop collective The Guild League, comprised of frontman Tali White (also of The Lucksmiths), lead-cellist/bassist Cressida Griffith, sax prodigy Gus Rigby, drummer about town Phil Collings, trumpet from Roger Clark, and guitar magic from Basic Shape's Gerry Eeman.
Brilliant new collection of songs from Matinée’s truly international coterie of popstars.
Essential new 20-track collection of rarities and unreleased tracks from beloved English band Brighter. From 1989 to 1992, the trio of Alison Cousens, Keris Howard and Alex Sharkey recorded four singles for the renowned Sarah Records imprint (previously collected by Matinée on the 'Singles' CD in 2003), and a wealth of other songs collected on this...
Accomplished second album from fashionable Finnish pop foursome Cats on Fire. The band’s debut album ‘The Province Complains’ was released in 2007 to widespread acclaim, earning favorable comparisons to indie legends The Smiths, Felt, Orange Juice, Pulp, and Belle & Sebastian, among others.
1. Friendless Summer 2. Goodness Gracious
1. Smokers In Love 2. I Can't Believe It's Not Better 3. Ie, Eg, Etc. 4. The Golden Age Of Aviation 5. Before The Sun Came Up 6. The Opposite Of Coffee Version vinyle.
1. A Hiccup in Your Happiness 2. From Macaulay Station 3. Rue Something 4. To Absent Votes
1. The Chapter in Your Life Entitled San Francisco 2. Young and Dumb 3. The Winter Proper 4. I Started A Joke
1. Midweek Midmorning 2. Point Being 3. Requiem for the Punters Club
1. Transpontine 2. Successlessness 3. Little Distraction 4. Moving 5. After the After Party 6. Honey Honey Honey Ce sont les maîtres de l'Indie Pop.
1. The Town and The Hills 2. Good Light 3. A Sobering Thought (Just When One Was Needed) 4. California In Popular Song 5. South-East Coastal Rendezvous 6. The National Mitten Registry 7. Day Three of Five 8. Never and Always 9. Lament of the Chiming Wedgebill 10. How We Met 11. Song of the Undersea 12. Up With The Sun 13. Pines 14. Who...
7eme cd from Australia's hardest-working band and follow-up to the excellent 'Naturaliste' cd from 2003 is, dare we say it. As always, there are lots of guitars, some soothing basslines, and a singing drummer who's far better than P. Collins, but this time there's also a horn section having a party, some fiery organs, a string section who dig P. Spector,...
1. The Cassingle Revival 2. Myopic Friends listen 3. A Downside To The Upstairs 4. Can't Believe My Eyes 5. I Prefer The Twentieth Century 6. T-shirt Weather 7. Tmrw vs Y'day 8. Southernmost 9. Even Stevens 10. The Great Dividing Range (demo) 11. Friendless Summer 12. Goodness Gracious 13. Welcome Home 14. Mars
1. Emmanuelle Béart 2. Je Lèche Les Vitrines 3. Everybody Wants My Baby 4. Words
Long-awaited 3eme cd from revered English act Would-Be-Goods. Originally signed to Mike Alway's él record label, They were the representation of that label's legendary and unique. Based around the vocal talents and songwriting skills of Jessica Griffin, a critically acclaimed debut album "The Camera Loves Me" was recorded with musical backing from...
Forty-five songs in all, packaged in a deluxe double-CD digipak with cover artwork by budding Melbourne illustrator Trudy White.
1. Pantomime Devil 2. Morning After listen 3. Bluebeard 4. Big Cat Act listen 5. Le Crocodile 6. Too Old 7. What Adam and Eve Did Next 8. I Broke the Spell 9. The King of Lace 10. Miss La-di-dah listen 11. Innocent Abroad 12. Dear St Valentine
Highly anticipated fifth album ‘Eventyr’ from revered London quartet Would-Be-Goods is released 20 years after the classic debut album ‘The Camera Loves Me’ on ‘80s cult label èl Records. It is their third album for Matinée, after the well received ‘Brief Lives’ (2002) and ‘The Morning After’ (2004).